We're celebrating the most delicious and most award-worthy cookies at the fair. Create and enter your own unique cookie recipe in the Gold Medal FlourTM Cookie Contest. Any style, size or shape is welcome. Simply use any premium quality Gold Medal Flour branded product. Prizes and gifts go to the top winners!
PRIZES: up to four prizes will be awarded, honoring a variety of creative, unique cookies
1st Place: $200, 2nd Place: $100, 3rd Place: $50, and a "New Entrant" Honorable Mention
Each winner will also receive a ribbon, award certificate and celebratory apron. For the “New Entrant” Honorable Mention prize, judges will select the best recipe submitted by a first time entrant in the Contest who is not awarded a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Place prize. In the event that there are no eligible first time entrants, the “New Entrant” Honorable Mention prize will not be awarded.
JUDGING CRITERIA: 40% Appearance; 40% Flavor; 20% Texture
• Limit one entry per person. You must be 18 years of age or older to enter. The Contest is intended for amateur bakers only. Professional bakers or those who earn a significant portion of their livelihood from baking may not enter the contest, nor can employees of General Mills, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, and members of their immediate households. 1st Place winners from any 2015 Gold Medal Flour Cookie Contest are not eligible to enter the 2016 Gold Medal Flour Cookie Contest.
• To enter, create your own unique recipe for any kind of cookie from scratch. Your recipe must include at least one cup of any guaranteed premium quality Gold Medal Flour. For Gold Medal Flour product information, visit www.goldmedalflour.com or www.facebook.com/goldmedalflour.
• Recipes must be named, your own creation, unpublished, and not previously submitted to any other contest.
• Bring your prepared food entry and corresponding recipe to the EXPO Building by Stage on Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 9:00am; Contest will begin at 10:00am, and follow the fair's entry guidelines. Entries should be submitted with 1) a Gold Medal Flour proof of purchase or product label, 2) a neatly written or typed recipe for the entry (illegible recipes may be disqualified) with estimates on preparation time and total baking time denoted, and 3) your name, address, phone number, and email address.
• By submitting your entry, you accept all Contest rules and agree to be bound by the judges’ decisions, which will be final. With entry submission, you also acknowledge and agree that no claim relating thereto shall be asserted against General Mills or any of its officers, directors, employees, agencies, representatives, successors, assigns or shareholders.
• If the recipe you enter is awarded a prize, you also agree that your winning recipe will become the property of General Mills which reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, and use any or all of it for publicity, promotion or advertising in any form of media without compensation to you. You hereby irrevocably authorize and grant permission to General Mills and others licensed or otherwise permitted by General Mills to use and distribute your name, address, voice and likeness for any and all purposes, including publicity, advertising and trade purposes, by all means of publication including electronic and Internet, without any obligation or liability to you and without any additional approval or consent. Taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise regulated by law.
Sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55440.
© 2016 General Mills